Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blog Monday: Done by Friday.

Blog Monday: 4 Things I'd like to accomplish by Friday.

1. GET IN THE WATER! (12 pts. for whoever can name that movie!)
So, with the purchase of our new house in our new neighborhood, we were given a new monthly payment to use a new pool. I have mixed feelings about this. I don't like monthly payments. Especially when we are adding one to a list of so many other monthly payments. Also, it's an outdoor pool. So I'm not thrilled about paying $50 a month from October to April. But I'm suddenly okay with it in June. However, we have yet to use the pool on a sunny afternoon. Although Bry and I did sneak in after hours one night last week to use the hot tub, it doesn't really count. Cuz it was kinda illegal.

2. Watch SpellBound.
Do you ever put a movie on your Netflix Queue and then are kinda disappointed when it actually arrives? Well that's the case with the movie/documentary we have now. After college I lived with some friends who rented this documentary, which is essentially about a handful of kids who are extraordinary spellers and make it to the national spelling bee. Let's just say each one has their list of quirks. So while this film is fun/ny to watch, I'm just more anxious for the next one on our Queue - The Time Traveler's Wife.

3. Ride my bike (with no handle bars)
Do you remember that song? Well, I'm not quite to the level that I once was - I still need to hang onto the handle bars. But. I do still love to go on bike rides. It's just something I haven't gotten to yet this summer. Hence, it makes the list for this week.

4. CTS.
I hesitate to even write this one out fully, cuz then it means that I actually have to do it. But it's way overdue. And the longer that I wait to do it, the worse the task gets. Which furthers my hesitation to do it at all. And while these letters also stand for something that is on my list of wants (a Cadillac CTS), it is also frequently on my list of dreds (clean the shower).

blessed by productivity.
Katie

3 comments:

  1. 1. Get in the water, woman! Get in the WATER! Noah Calhoun is my favorite! 12 points for me. I love to win. ;)

    2. but wait. Akeelah and the bee? jk. but i'm curious for your thoughts on The Time Traveler's Wife...

    3. do you guys have any trails by you?! those always make for the best rides.

    4. CTS! love! white! get it. now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. The Notebook!!!! As soon as I read it I heard Noah yelling it in my head. I almost re-watched that movie the other night for the millionth time. Now I'm encouraged to definitely watch it again soon :)

    2. I totally know this feeling...sometimes I think about sending it back without even watching it (I think we did that once since it sat on our table for 2 or 3 weeks).

    3. so excited for you to go bike riding...checkout the blog post I just wrote tonight :)

    4. this makes me laugh....I also hate CTS so it only happens once in every 4th or 5th cleaning round at our apartment. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ask brad how to ride his electric purple ten speed bike......and then ask him how to float!?!?!

    ReplyDelete